August 2018 Opportunities
We have assembled our team and currently have no openings. You are welcome to fill out the applicant and we will contact you when positions become available.
Want to join our team of full and part time baristas/counter staff? Applicants will be contacted accordingly when positions become available.
RUST CITY BREWERY is a coffee house and craft beer pub with great food and a relaxing atmosphere. Ideal candidates should have a love of coffee and/or craft beer or be an overall food and drink enthusiast and have a passion for delivering great customer service. Our enthusiastic team is important to us and we show our appreciation by paying over market wages, offering benefits, sick days and feeding them while on shift. We dislike wage disparity based on tipping practices therefore we discourage tipping (all tips left are donated to local charities) as RUST CITY BREWERY is a profit share – that means a percentage of profits goes to each co-worker.
We are a small organization where everyone pitches in to get the job done, so the workday duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Opening and closing duties
- Responsibly serving and preparing a variety of drinks
- Serving of a variety of foods with some light preparation
- Creating a friendly environment so customers receive great customer service
- Operating POS software and handling cash, debit and credit cards
- Restocking fridges and other supplies and changing out kegs
- Assist in maintaining high standards of visual presentation and cleanliness within the entire cafe space
- Learning about our coffees and beers and being able to talk confidently to customers about them
- Previous experience in a coffee shop or restaurant environment is an asset
- Smart Serve certification is required - smartserve.ca
- Food Handler certification is an asset - City of Hamilton Food Handler
- Coffee and/or craft beer knowledge and enthusiasm is an asset
- Any coffee, beer, wine and/or hospitality certifications are a definite asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Energetic and self-confident with a positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Able to work flexible shifts, including days, evenings and weekends
Please fill out all the fields in the application form and attach a copy of your resume if applicable. You can put "NA" (not applicable) or zero 0 if the questions do not apply. If you experience difficulties please contact us for assistance.